Northern Technology Inc.
Quality Engineering Technologist
Full Time - Permanent
45 Ironside Crescent, Unit# 10 & 11, Scarborough, ON, Canada, M1X 1N3
$25.00-$27.00 per hour –The gross salary paid is subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Two weeks per year
Hours of Work:
32.00-40.00 Hours a week; Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Develop, direct and implement continuous improvement initiatives on all production and quality assurance processes. Perform ongoing process evaluations including equipment time studies, run at rate studies, quality assurance process etc.
- Support customer GD&T testing requirements, in-process and at time of delivery and monitor acceptable/non-conforming.
- Assist with and coordinate product launch; ensuring work is completed according to the timelines.
- Create and maintain process documentation (work instructions, training, check sheets, etc.)
- Develop applications using work studies (e.g Gauge R&R)
- Assist in inspection of mechanical installations
- Support QE’s with the addressing non-conformances and follow-up on corrective action activities.
- Design work layouts and production facilities to improve methods.
- Ensure that all ISO 9001:2015 requirements (and I.A.T.F.) are maintained and updated as required.
- Supervise and train Quality Inspectors
- Maintaining operator instructions.
- Issue the control plan for production and revise in-process plans as required.
- Interpret all SPC charts and follow-up corrective action for out of tolerance conditions.
- Assist QA Supervisor in Quality Awareness and SPC training of Quality Inspectors and employees.
- Maintain at all times confidentiality in regard to company proprietary matters.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum one-year experience as a Manufacturing/Industrial or Quality Control Technician is required. Experience working with in the automotive manufacturing facility an asset.
- Completion of a two-three-year college program or equivalent in electro-mechanical engineering, manufacturing technology or a related discipline is required
How to Apply
By email to: email@example.com