Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Quality Lab Analyst
Responsible for performing the required chemical, physical and organoleptic analyses of raw materials, in-process goods and finished drug and confectionary products to ensure the materials meet corporate and government specifications. Performs the required analyses with minimum supervision. Reports any deviations and irregularities in analytical/laboratory procedures and results to supervisor.
- Performs required organoleptic, physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products according to established/compendial procedures with minimum supervision.
- Performs process control and process improvement testing to provide quick action and resolution of manufacturing problems to support the plant.
- Performs testing and approval of Natural Health / Drug and Dietary Supplement products.
- Provides the physical and/or chemical evaluation of complaint samples to support investigation of consumer and trade complaints.
- Reports any deviations and irregularities in analytical/laboratory procedures and results to the supervisor following full review of methodology and results.
- Performs routine standardization, calibration and maintenance of laboratory instruments to maintain proper functioning and as required by the supervisor. Reports faulty equipment to the supervisor.
- Responsible for releasing in-process goods for packaging or for further use in production.
- Provides input into the preparation of standard operating procedures for the Quality Services laboratory, as required.
- Ensures that appropriate levels of operating supplies (glassware, reagents, chemicals, etc.,) are available to support lab testing.
- Responsible for other duties, as required.
- Work normally requires a low level of physical effort in bending, lifting, and manual dexterity.
- Work normally requires a high level of mental effort in reading, creating written documentation, meeting deadlines, problem solving, handling multiple demands and repetitive tasks, amid constant interruptions and distractions.
- Generally, works in a lab/manufacturing plant environment with varying levels of noise and with the requirement to wear company mandated uniform/safety gear such as safety shoes, hair/beard net, lab coat, etc.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize effectively and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly effective time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in conjunction with others.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Be customer service focused
- Demonstrates the 3 A's, accountable, aggressive, adaptable.
It is expected that the Colleague will:
- Work together with all your key stakeholders: line and functional. A key part of the individual performance review will be based on input from these stakeholders and other obligations.
- Responsible for complying with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Safety Program (e.g. HACCP - Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), and other Quality Standards (GLPs, Health Canada, FDA etc.) as appropriate to job function.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree with a major in Chemistry, Pharmacy or Biochemistry.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a pharmaceutical or chemistry laboratory.
- Manufacturing experience would be an asset.
- GC experience (troubleshooting and maintenance) and use of OpenLab software would be an asset.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.