Our client, a leading automotive parts manufacturer, is actively looking for a Quality Manager to join their team on a permanent, full-time basis.
In this role, you will provide leadership, instilling a sense of urgency and driving problems towards a resolution to ensure that quality systems, procedures, and instructions meet requirements, objectives, and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for hiring, terminating, evaluating, motivating, training and developing staff (incl. succession planning), and determining compensation
- Meet budget requirements for line items and headcount and ensure all safety and non-safety rules and regulations are followed
- Acting as the primary contact on all customer quality concerns; ensuring all quality concerns are communicated accordingly
- Maintaining relationships with personnel from suppliers, plant managers, corporate executives, and governing bodies.
- Directing problem-solving team for all customer-related quality issues, including tracking, reporting, problem-solving of issues; retain and maintain records as required
- Providing support to all departments for quality system development, corrective and preventive action, and problem-solving resolution.
- Assisting in Supplier selection and certification as required and supervising and coordinating contractors, as required.
- Being on call after regular hours to respond to emergencies.
- Setting and achieving specific goals around Lean Manufacturing principles
- Ensure that conflict and productivity issues are managed directly, constructively, and professionally in all circumstances
- Drive year-over-year continuous improvement initiatives in areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities, scope projects, and forecast resources to achieve productivity, quality and service improvement targets for the business.
- Develop the annual Business Plan for the Quality Department.
- Identify key weaknesses within the business and lead the transformation of existing processes to a higher quality operation
- Lead and manage staff including resource planning; training; and performance management
- Ensure enforcement of Customer Specific Requirements and compliance to QMS (TS16949), EMS (ISO 14001), Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001), and security (PIP) requirements
- Other duties assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent, required
- ASCC Certified Quality Engineer/ Certified Auditor, Certified Quality Manager preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management or supervisory position
- Excellent working knowledge of Quality and Environmental Management Systems. Registered Auditor qualification desirable.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving (including root cause analysis), project management, presentation; and facilitation skills
- Well-developed communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Sound computer skills, including knowledge of software in current use
- Lean Manufacturing experience, formal training an asset