Tiercon is an automotive supplier committed to the manufacture of quality exterior, interior decorative trim and running board/step assists used as original equipment in the automotive markets. Headquartered in Stoney Creek, the plants have moulding, painting and assembly capability, employing approximately 700 people throughout our facilities. There are four facilities in Stoney Creek, a facility in Oshawa, and a facility in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Tiercon is seeking a knowledgeable, self directed and hard working individual interested in the automotive industry as a QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER at our Stoney Creek facility.
Reporting to the Vice President / General Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for internal and external quality control; root cause analysis of nonconforming products and implementation of suitable corrective action; technical support for manufacturing processes; support in the review and approval of supplier PPAP's and verification / inspection of new product, as required.
Your principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Verify product quality through audit and support the manufacturing operation.
- Liaise with customers (GM, Chrysler, VW and Toyota) with respect to ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Quality planning (control plans, inspection instructions, etc) for products / processes
- Support Manufacturing through training in required inspection activities and facilitation of the corrective action process
- Verification of Process Control i.e.: SPC, First Run Capabilities, Machine Capabilities, Gauge R&R's
- Preparation of ongoing product Capability Studies for products with critical / significant characteristics
- Manage nonconforming product through generation of NMR, containment/inspection of n/c product, as required
- Perform regular product/process verification audits - Layered Audits - to assess quality process effectiveness.
- Supplier PPAP's - Support the review of supplier documentation in cooperation with other Quality team members
- Generate quality performance reports as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate APQP's activities and prepare or review all necessary documentation
- Work with suppliers to develop new programs and submit PPAP on time
- Review programs for continuous improvement
- Root cause all verbal and written customer concerns
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management
Summary of Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Quality Manager/Senior Quality Engineer from an automotive manufacturing environment
- University degree and ASQ certification as CQE or CQM is a preferred requirement.
- Good understanding of ISO/TS-16949 Quality Systems, APQP, PPAP, SPC
- Exposure to injection moulding, painting and assembly would be an asset.
- Good communicator and team player
- Six Sigma/Shainin Statistical Problem Solving credentials
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, etc