The Quality Manager (QM) reports to the Director, Contracts & Procurement.
A Quality Manager works to develop and enforce quality assurance policies and practices based on organizational standards. They will manage the whole Quality Management System and are responsible for making sure that products/services meet company and international quality standards.
They help enforce quality assurance in order to maintain company standards. They also help communicate expectations to employees and provide coaching and corrective action when needed. They analyze data in order to develop plans to motivate, and encourage employees while striving to improve processes and to ensure that their employees, products, services, and processes meet the needs of their clients. Quality Managers liaise with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that a quality management system is functioning properly.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Oversee the Quality Management System (QMS) within the organization to gain commitment, compliance, and ensure continued alignment with company’s long-term business strategies.
- Ensuring established procedures for control of document are adhere to; approval, tracking review and update, revision status, necessity and identification;
- Validate ADGA’s Quality Management System by performing Internal Quality Audits.
- Manage Corrective & Preventive Action activities as a result of QMS findings and observations.
- Conducting a regular review of programs/projects.
- Monitoring and measuring quality processes and improvements;
- Developing and implementing a BMS Improvement Plan to evaluate the impact of operational changes to the BMS as well as addressing review of effectiveness and opportunities for improvement;
- Reviewing non-conformances and co-ordinates their disposition including corrective and preventive action; maintains records to provide evidence of conformity and effective operation of the BMS;
- Establishing an audit program, taking into consideration the status and importance of the processes and areas to be audited, as well as the results of previous audits; define audit criteria, scope, frequency and methods;
- Lead multi-site implementation and certification to ISO standards of a Business Management System reflecting the unique requirements needed to meet ADGA and client’s standards;
- Lead the development and eventual ISO registration for new acquisitions;
- Proactively identifies trends based on quality evaluations;
- Support of external audits from regulatory bodies;
- University degree is preferred, advanced degree is desirable. A combination of education and experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks.
- A ISO 9001 certified Lead Auditor with least 10+ years of Quality Assurance experience with the ISO 9001 standard.
- At least 36 hours of auditing experience, audit reports and monitoring the findings.
- Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role;
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards;
- General understanding of risk assessment and management methodologies, preferably Six Sigma Green belt or Black belt certified.;
- General knowledge and understanding of the ISO 27001 standard is an asset;
- Security Clearance: Reliability with the ability to obtain Secret clearance is desirable
- Excellent skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods;
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy sharing feedback to help people improve;
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach;
- Willingness to assist other departments to develop solutions and metrics;