Located in Milton Ontario, Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International. At Magna we believe our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what's next, determine what's needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible.
What you will focus on:
* Develops, monitors and improves upon key process indicators. Quickly reacts to quality concerns and implements action plans for improvement
* Lead and empower Team to meet Quality/ Production targets and departmental goals and objectives
* Performs layered audits as per procedure and follows up on non-conformances
* Prepares and conducts presentations for customer and senior management reviews
* Oversees, monitors, and approves the corrective action process for customer, and internal product issues to ensure correct root causes have been identified and proper corrective actions implemented to protect the customer from receiving defective product
* Develops travel schedules for the team for customer and supplier visits.
* Oversees and monitors team member's performance and timing on new programs /ECN's, including prototypes, through the use of the available tools used in the APQP process
* Tracks PPAP submission activities for customers to ensure deadlines are met
* Ensures all requirements of IATF/TS16949 and customer specific requirements are followed for their teams areas of responsibility
* Tracks to ensure timely response to customer formal and informal complaints
* Monitors performance of customer liaisons
* Plans and directs the efficient utilization of all equipment and manpowerhe Role
The Quality Supervisor is responsible to support the Quality Team in the performance of their duties focusing on safety, people, quality, productivity and all company/regulatory policies and procedures.
What you will require:
* Five years related Quality Management Systems (QMS) experience
* Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
* Post-secondary graduate with a technical diploma in engineering, quality, manufacturing or similar
* Strong organizational and leadership skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Good working knowledge and understanding of the IATF/TS16949 quality management system and customer specific requirements
* Good working knowledge and understanding of the AIAG core tools (FMEA, MSA, SPC, APQP, and PPAP)
* Prior experience and active involvement with the APQP process
* Good working knowledge of GD&T
* Ability to interpret co-ordinate measuring machine (CMM) reports
* Prior experience approving/designing checking fixtures and gauges
* Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques
* Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs. Travel may be required from time to time.
What you can expect from uss:
* A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.
* A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together.
* Extended Health Benefits.
* Group RSP with employer match.
* Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
* Education reimbursement program.
* Staff appreciation events.
* Allowances for customized safety glasses, earplugs and boots.
* An environment that focuses on Modatek's Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty,
Fairness and Loyalty.