Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Quality Supervisor supports the company’s corporate, local and departmental goals and policies by leading and supervising the quality and food safety activities directly related to the production of product at Gladstone.
• Responsible for the daily oversight of all Food Safety and Quality activities of the production area(s) including HACCP, GMP, Specification Compliance, SOP compliance, etc
• Work closely and/or lead, with the Business Unit Leader, Process Engineer, and Production Colleagues to implement Lean Six Sigma tools to continuously improve Product Quality, drive down defects, complaints and improve scrap waste
• Maintain, review, and file Quality and Food Safety paperwork on daily basis in accordance to company guidelines.
• Facilitate and/or drive effective Quality discussions and training activities to build the Quality Culture
• Manage Hold / Release procedure for finished product
• Manage Quality Incidents from the investigation, remediation and follow up with the closure of corrective and preventive actions
• Participate in project teams for new equipment and infrastructure, working with Safety, Quality, and other departments.
• Prepare for and participate in internal and external quality audits in conjunction with the Quality Manager and Compliance Manager.
• Quality Systems Manager
• Compliance Manager
• Business Unit Leader / Process Engineer
• Leadership Skills
• Problem Solving
• Decision Making
• Quality Manufacturing Experience
• Knowledge of the application of federal GMP’s to food manufacturing.
• Quality Systems Experience
• Production/Operations Experience
• Post-secondary degree in a science related field, Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology etc.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in quality assurance role with working knowledge of food safety, preferably in the food processing industry.
• Ability to work in a team environment with a professional and optimistic attitude.
• Ability to organize, motivate and coach employees on desired outcomes.
• Able to work independently with limited supervision. Proactive and takes action without being prompted.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Applicants must have flexibility in scheduling. May be required to work different shifts, weekends, and overtime as needed.
• Advanced computer skills, work proficiently with Microsoft Office.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.