Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Effective management of Product Quality Control and Quality Processes to ensure product performance, product cost management, effective reserve utilization and customer satisfaction
- Possess full G-class Driver’s License
- Availability for Shift work
Relationships with Other Jobs:
Reports to the area Quality Coordinator. Works closely with Production Staff, Distribution Staff, and Sales Territory Manager
- Implementation of Lafarge Safety Policies, and Compliance with Government Legislation
- Safety Induction of Visitors to Quality Lab or site as required
- Execution of Job Hazard Analyses for QC Tasks, and implementation of Action Items
- Execution and implementation of Lab/QC Safety Improvement Plans
Aggregate Product Performance:
- Implement programs and processes to ensure compliance of all products with relevant Codes, Standards, and Specifications
- Implement Lafarge Quality Program, including sampling, testing, reporting and follow up for all products as determined for each site of responsibility
- Record , Monitor and communicate Aggregate KPI performance with key stakeholders as required – investigate variances from Plan and establish corrective actions as required
- Participate in or lead the development and implementation of site specific actions to reduce and/or utilize long products, including innovating new combination materials
- Provide input to ensure alignment between Sales and Operational staff to ensure product performance meets customer expectations
- Participate in the development and implementation of site specific product performance knowledge for Operations staff
- Participate in Quality Audits, including the development and implementation of Action Plans for Quality Improvement
- Ensure efficient utilization of resources provided, and optimize costs where practical and possible
- Product Performance
- Customer Service/Support
- Product Quality Control and Performance
- Cost Management
- Quality Policies and Training
- Minimum 2 year College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology - eligibility for C.Tech. or C.E.T. Designation
- University Degree in Engineering - eligibility for P.Eng. Designation
The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction materials (aggregates, asphalt and concrete) industry; should have excellent communication and computer skills, and must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
This is an hourly-paid position. Starting wage will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.