At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. (formerly GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc.) we are committed to excellence in every business initiative. BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada (BWXT NEC) has achieved an enviable international reputation for excellence in the supply of nuclear fuel and fuel handling systems and service for CANDU reactors in both domestic and international markets. Our success is the result of our commitment to our employees, customers, quality & EHS initiatives.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Technician (NDE II) for our Peterborough, Ontario location.
At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. (BWXT NEC) we are committed to Quality, Environmental Health and Safety and Operational excellence. Our success is the result of our commitment to our people and products.
- Diploma or degree in Engineering/Quality Technology or similar Post-Secondary Education.
- Experience applying and interpreting CSA N285.0, ASME Sec. III, CSA Z299 Series of standard and ISO 9001:2000 or similar standards.
- Experience interpreting drawings, technical documents, purchase orders, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance or demonstrated in-depth understanding of quality program fundamentals.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of Procurement practices.
- Basic knowledge of non-destructive examination reports (RT, UT LP, MP, etc), dimensional inspection techniques and weld inspection.
- Inspection and testing QA planning or equivalent Product/Process/Equipment qualification experience.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated team player.
- Must pass medical exam(s) to qualify as a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW).
- CGSB MPI Level II
- Able to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous record keeper.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Engineering team, Customer Representatives and Nuclear Inspectors.
Magnetic Patricle MP Level II
- Interpret drawings, technical documents, procedures, purchase orders, ASME & CSA N285.0, etc. and determine QA requirements.
- Review of customer quotation to establish quality requirement and provide inputs to complete the RFQ (request for quote).
- Create the Inspection and Test Plans.
- Witness testing and ensure that test plans are being adhered to (Factory Acceptance Tests, Lift Tests, Pressure Tests, etc.).
- Create and submit data packages (history docket) for design/build projects.
- Utilize database systems, MS Office applications and Livelink to track, document, record, and retrieve production and documentation information.
- Review records and test results for conformance to quality plan requirements.
- Interface with Customer Quality representative and jurisdiction on quality issues and insure adherence to inspection and test plan.
- Interact with Engineering to determine appropriate disposition of material and corrective actions.
- Review and approve travelers for adherence to procedures, specifications, etc.
- Review purchase order and ensure conformance.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Ensure high quality output.
- Display questioning attitude, raise quality concerns.
Technical and Professional Knowledge:
- Perform daily measurements and provide technical feedback on component/part conformance to design.
- Make sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, report findings.
- Interpret codes, standards and technical documents to determine QA requirements.
- Identify safety issues and problems.
- Take appropriate corrective action.
- Monitor the corrective action.
- Focus on priorities set by business/supervisor/manager.
- Properly prepare and schedule time allotted for task(s).
- Leverage resources, cooperate with other work groups.
- Participate in learning/training activities and opportunities.
- Learn and follow manufacturing quality documentation, procedures and instructions (BMS, QA-P, QA-WI, Forms, etc.).
Contributing to Team Success
- Contribute positively to goals and objectives.
- Involve and take input from others.
- Keep others informed of actions/ideas.
- Display positive attitude.
- Meet demanding productivity goals.
- Perform repetitive work without losing effectiveness.
- Identify issues, problems and opportunities.
- Gather and interpret information, generate alternatives.
- Choose appropriate action and commit to action.
Selected applicants will be tested and interviewed.
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.