C.B. Ross Partners provides independent project monitoring and cost consulting services to the real estate industry. Located on Yonge Street, just south of Eglinton Avenue in Toronto, we deliver reliable, reasoned advice as a key resource supporting the development team. Feel free to view our website at www.cbross.ca for more information on our firm.
We are currently seeking to hire aQuantity Surveyor who has started to further their career development by being on path to a PQS certification from the C.I.Q.S.
If you like planning and have a head for figures and problem solving on the fly, you will fit well with the cost planning team!
- Knowledge of cost, design, and construction methodology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of diverse customers
- Able to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete informationand under tight deadlines and pressure
- Proficient in prioritizing out length and difficulty of tasks on each project
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully,yearn to be constantly and consistently one of the top performers
- Must have either an Architectural and Building Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, Quantity Surveying Degree or equivalent combination of technical training plus experience
- 3 - 5 years of prior estimating experience on commercial, infrastructure, residential (high rise and low rise) and retirement, but not limited to
- Familiar with how to read and interpret construction documents (i.e. Architectural and structural drawings and specifications)
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems is essential
- Measurement of abill of quantity take-off of all labour, equipment, and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications
- Strong ability ininterpreting blueprint drawings
- Assist in the preparation of construction hard cost budget pricing from the information provided at various stages in Design ranging from Class D to Class A details
- Perform analysis of scope at various stages, methods, and types of construction
- Establish a critical path schedule on the estimated milestones progress dates and completion timelines to meet the client's completion dates
- Knowledge of takeoff software program, such as OST
- Maintain and update company pricing database
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Starting salary $65,000
- Able to start the position within 2 weeks of the signed offer
- 3 Weekspaid vacation
- 3-Month probationary period
- Full health and dental benefits as per C.B. Ross package after probation period
- Mandatory office hours 9 am - 5 pm (except during summer hours)
- Summer hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30 am – 12:30pm Friday beginning after the Victoria Day holiday, extending to the Friday prior to Labour Day
**To be considered for this position you must be able to currently legally work in Canada.**
Interested candidates may submit their resumes by applying below.
Telephone applications will not be accepted.
Please note, only those candidates who closely match the requirements and job description will be contacted.