Epocal, part ofSiemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care(POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© BloodAnalysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution toleverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregiverswith real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results atthe patient bedside. This system is now a well-establishedtool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed todelivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers canrely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy uniqueinnovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but alsoexpand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economicoutcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers inOctober 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at SiemensHealthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes withgreater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet theclinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcarelandscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, andhealthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entirepatient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis andtreatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers inCanada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomeswhile reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcareproviders, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by thetechnologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the R&D CardAssembly Supervisor, the R&D Card Assembly Operator is responsible formanufacturing epoc BGEM and NextGen test cards using the automated print andcard manufacturing line(s) and the NextGen Manual Line.
- Perform efficient and diligent assembly of sensor cards and/or sensor tapes according to written instructions
- Perform basic machine set-up and/or maintenance according to written instructions
- Identify process or product non-conformance and promptly alert your immediate supervisor, engineering and technical support for remediation
- Attend training sessions for specific processes and procedures, and faithfully implement the training in subsequent work
- Become familiar with corporate Standard Operating Procedures through training sessions and faithfully implement the training in subsequent work
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities by suggesting improvements to products, processes, or procedures
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional dutiesmay be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made ifpossible under business conditions.
- Reports to R&D Card Assembly Supervisor
- Works under the guidance of the R&D Card Assembly Supervisor, R&D Trainer, Card Operations
- Interacts regularly with R&D engineers and Manufacturing supervisors, operators, and technicians
- Repetitive, detailed nature of the card assembly process
- Shift work – may include evening, overnight and weekend shifts
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment while satisfying personal responsibilities
- Demonstration of successful on-the-job training
- Honesty and Integrity
- Satisfaction derived from solid completion of tasks
- Ability to adapt and take initiative in an evolving development environment
- Confident to speak up about concerns
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between colours and identify small visual defects
- Extended periods of standing
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, noisy environment
Skills& Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- High school or College diploma and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal.
- Some electronic or mechanical assembly experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
Epocal,wholly owned by Siemens Healthineers, is an equal opportunity employer. We arecommitted to inclusive and accessible work environments, as well asbarrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you are contacted for ajob opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensurefairness during our recruitment and selection process, in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Ontario HumanRights Code and any similar Provincial legislative requirements throughoutCanada. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressedconfidentially