Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreals Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.Job Description
As part of the Security and Risk Management team, as an R&D Programmer (Game Security), you willdevelopand improvenew or existing security solutions for our games, and help the game teams(Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Siege, "Far Cry", "Avatar", "Beyond Good & Evil 2" and many more) develop secure games.
You will improve security of existing game systems, implement new security measures where needed, and maintainstrong knowledge of the existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions. You will stay aware of new security threats and propose appropriate solutions. Finally, you will collaborate with other team members to transfersecurity knowledge.
Game developers with an interest in security problematics are welcome!
The main responsibilities are:
- Develop new security componentsfor our upcoming games;
- Improve security of existing game systems;
- Acquire a strong knowledge of the existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions;
- Collaborate with other team members for transferring security knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a software development field programming robust and efficient code;
- Good knowledge of C and C;
- Systematic and pragmatic mindset;
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required.
Good understanding of:
- Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games;
- Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of multiplayer/online games.
Experience in at least one of the following domains:
- Low-level development;
- Reverse engineering;
- Network and multi-threaded programming;
- Applied cryptography.
- Bachelorin computer science or any other relevant discipline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.