Job Title: RAD Developer
Business Environment/Role Synopsis:
The Trading and Shipping (T&S) team is accountable for all of our client’s oil, gas, power, chemical and financial supply, trading and shipping activities.
T&S is an information-intensive business. It relies on systems to keep in touch with the market, to transact business and to analyze and understand risks and exposure. The Innovation & Engineering group (I&E) supports T&S by developing, supporting and providing on-going maintenance of application systems, both packaged and bespoke.
The RAD Developers focus on delivering fast, custom, high business value solutions to the business using agile tools and innovative technologies. The team builds solutions for all areas of GPTA from trading through to settlement and back-office functions. They have a great deal of interaction with Business Users and other I&E teams to develop and support existing tools. All members of the team have business-facing roles that require a mix of technical, business and soft skills.
This experienced Developer should have the ability to develop complex solutions that may be stand-alone or incorporate other tools and information sources . In addition, they must be able to articulate their technical knowledge and how this translates to a solution.
Experience and job requirements:
- 5+ years of development experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in an energy trading environment would be an asset but not required
- Proficiency in developing solutions using Excel, Access, VBA, Web scraping, and Windows service-based tools.
- Exposure with RPA based tools such as Automation Anywhere
- Exposure to Business Objects and Power BI
- Strong analysis, design and development background in order to build sophisticated solutions using a combination of tools if needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (with both business users and IT staff) are required, including a high comfort level interacting with non-technical people
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, often collaborating with non-technical end users
- Experience gathering and documenting system requirements
- Rigorous attention to detail and apply standards thoroughly
- Excellent team working skills with local and geographically distributed teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
- Restricted/Deferred Share Units
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision