Cronos Consulting Groupis an Engineering Search firm. We headhunt for stellar individuals within these sectors: Infrastructure (Transportation, Water, Energy), Mining, Consulting (all disciplines), Power Generation (hydro, nuclear and renewable – wind, solar etc), Environmental and Petrochemical.
Construction Manager - Large Dam - RCC experience.
Location: Laos DPR, Asia
• Planning and defining Construction Methods.
• Prepare Method Statements (MS) for RCC and CVC works.
• Planning and preparing MS for RCC conveyors belts.
• Planning and preparing MS for grouting works.
• Manage the interface with Hydromechanical Subcontractor.
• Assist the Managing staff with the selection of sub-contractors.
• Prepare detailed schedules for the project (3 weeks and 6 months look ahead).
• Co-ordinate RCC works with the rest of the civil works.
• Coordinates and Supervises construction activities.
• Hold daily field coordination meetings with subcontractors.
• Directs subcontractors to achieve completion of the project to original plans and specifications.
• Organizing the works and ensuring that they are performed as required.
• Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
• Issue purchase orders and follow-up with the Procurement Manager.
• Follows the project construction process to ensure that it is completed in time.
• Supervises the subcontractors and ensures that they are punctual and that they deliver; maintains positive relationship with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
• Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company policy.
• Ensures that quality is preserved in the construction process and that the cost effectiveness is optimized.
• Writing project progress records in liaison with the foreman and/or subcontractors.
• Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
• Ensures that all necessary material is available to perform the work.
• Encourages safe work practices.
• Assist the Site Technical Manager with the monthly quantities, invoicing to the client and accruals of the sub-contractors.
• Assisting the Site Technical Manager with the monthly reports.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum 10 to 15 year experience in Heavy Civil Construction Projects;
• Eight to 10 year experience in project management of large-scale infrastructure projects.
• Minimum of two large scale RCC Dam Projects directly involved in the RCC activities.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills.
• Available to work in a remote area and multi-cultural awareness
• Fluent in English. Laos, Thai or Vietnamese languages an asset
• Three flights for year
• Income tax paid by the Employer
• Accommodation and food
• Work permit for Laos DPR