The Reagent Quality Control (QC) Associate is a member of our Proteomics Reagent Operations team. The successful candidate will characterize antibodies for use on Fluidigm’s new Imaging Mass Cytometry platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform quality control testing on new metal-conjugated antibody products for use with our novel Imaging Mass cytometry (IMC) technology
- Perform antigen retrieval and immunostaining on FFPE and frozen tissue sections
- Image stained tissues using immunofluorescence and IMC laser ablation
- Prepare reports for internal and external review
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as Research & Development, Reagent Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance
- Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating procedures
- Maintain manufacturing instruments and other laboratory equipment as needed
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or similar Life Science (graduate degree in immunology highly desirable) plus a minimum of 2 years experience working in a lab environment, using CyTOF instruments
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical reports, technical procedures, validation protocols and reports, operating instructions, and/or scientific publications.
- Previous work in quality control role is highly desirable
- Proven capability of using various analytical instruments for characterization and testing of produced reagents
- Experience in handing tissue sections is preferred
- Experience with immunofluorescence microscopy/immunohistochemistry/immunocytochemistry and/or Imaging Mass Cytometry including sample preparation, instrumentation and imaging data analysis software is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is essential.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.