THAT BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Real Estate Documentation Assistant (term for a period up to 6 months)
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is responsible for the stewardship of Canada’s largest port, and our vision is to the world’s most sustainable port. Want to work in a fast-paced environment using your skills to collaborate with dedicated people and benefit all Canadians? Join our team and connect your world to us.
The real estate documentation assistant is responsible for real estate documentation, including preparation, administration and processing of lease documents, commercial and recreational licences, easements, rights of way, amending agreements, assignments and consents, and other property documentation. This position will also provide assistance and support, as requested, to the Legal Services department on real estate-related matters, and perform other duties as assigned.
This role will:
• Responsible for preparing and processing documents, in accordance with instructions, from initiation through to execution, including recording and tracking documentation in process. Also responsible for facilitating the review, approval and assembly of documents in a timely manner. Draft agreements including non-standard clauses for approval.
• Generate reports respecting real estate documentation and related matters as requested. Track status of real estate documentation in the property management system.
• Research and organize background information relating to real estate documentation matters.
• Respond directly to documentation inquiries from internal and external customers, as appropriate.
• Administer BC Online and LTSA for Legal and Real Estate departments.
• Perform other assigned duties as required
The successful candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administrative Assistant certificate from a recognized educational institution along with a minimum of 3 years’ legal support experience in a commercial real estate environment with an emphasis on drafting leases and other property related agreements. Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, with demonstrated ability to use document change tracking tools. Experience working with a property management database is required, and knowledge of BC Online and LTSA procedures and documentation would be an asset.
This position is ideal for someone who has demonstrated good work habits and a record of high productivity with an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written. In addition, he/she must be able to receive instruction on complex matters and have the initiative and ability to work independently and be self-motivated with a strong attention to detail. As an integral part of the group, this individual must be a team player and possess superior organizational skills. Additional personal qualities will include tact and diplomacy in dealing with both staff and the public and the ability to liaise effectively and positively with clients and customers and to deal with sensitive and confidential documentation.
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority offers a competitive total compensation package including an earned time off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/ by December 13, 2019.
(Please note this posting will remain open until filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.