Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Le Centre Eaton de Montréal, PMT et le 1500
Position type : 12-month contract
Reporting to the Operations Manager the incumbent is responsible for coordinating, planning, organizing and implementing various tenant fit-outs and development projects for the Montreal Eaton Centre, Place Montréal Trust and Le 1500. He or she also helps capital project managers execute their projects smoothly.
- Manage and control deadlines;
- Liaise between subcontractors, contractors and property management staff;
- Prepare work plans and define deliverables according to the manager’s instructions;
- Monitor designated files;
- Follow internal management procedures and construction specifications;
- Work with the Operations Manager to analyze contractors’ and suppliers’ proposals;
- Assign suppliers to execute specific projects and tasks;
- Coordinate facility visits for suppliers as needed for each project;
- Keep stakeholders and members of the administration informed about progress on the different projects;
- Help produce needs analyses, implementation plans and expenditure estimates in the lead-up to a project;
- Attend worksite meetings and conduct surveys to support the team;
- Conduct searches and meet with experts;
- Carry out any other related tasks.
- College diploma (DCS) in building system engineering technology or equivalent experience in the field;
- Four to six years of experience in real estate project coordination;
- Understanding of building systems, construction, property management and commercial tenant fit-outs;
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, codes and best practices in real estate management;
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) preferred;
- Outgoing, client-oriented and able to work and resolve problems independently;
- Inquisitive self-starter with a desire to learn;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.