Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Laurier Québec, Place Ste-Foy
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent provides administrative support to the Advisor, Specialty Leasing, and the Manager, Marketing.
Duties include the following:
- Answer the phone and greet visitors;
- Sort, date and distribute incoming mail for Laurier, Place Ste-Foy and Édifice Price;
- Monitor the three email inboxes for accounts payable and process invoices received by mail. Print and date monthly invoices and circulate for approval and signing;
- Regularly update the list of telephone extensions and the procedures manual for reception;
- Coordinate rental reservations for Room 1005. Respond to requests for information, check emails, prepare the contracts, handle the corresponding financial transactions and make the necessary arrangements with security;
- Update customer traffic reports in the computer system;
- Assist with compiling and submitting timesheets in the absence of the assistant to the director;
- Prepare correspondence for the administration;
- Keep office supplies stocked (coffee, newspapers, etc.);
- Manage correspondence and notices regarding special events put on by tenants;
- Submit requests for technical equipment on behalf of tenants, obtain the necessary approvals from managers and confirm with tenants. Arrange with the security and maintenance teams to deliver the equipment. Inform office employees of events;
- Participate in special marketing promotions (e.g., Black Friday);
- Process payments for gift card orders at reception, on occasion as needed;
- Receive and date all cheques and sales reports;
- Print out sales reports received by email, date documents, and sort cheques and reports by lease number;
- Work with the executive assistant to keep the contact lists updated for tenants at Laurier, Place Ste-Foy and Édifice Price;
- Provide information on stylist packages to customers and ensure the list of those who purchase a Laurier stylist package is up to date;
- Make sure that the insurance information for Laurier, Place Ste-Foy and Édifice Price tenants is current;
- Send renewal notices 30 days before expiry, update the database, file sales reports electronically and check co-insureds and minimum level of coverage;
- Send, receive and distribute packages and other materials;
- Approach tenants to obtain certified annual sales reports;
- Receive tender documents for various construction projects;
- Handle supply orders for Garda, GDI and Derko;
- Update emergency plans and checklists;
- Provide support to managers for special projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Two to four years of office experience;
- Diploma or certificate in office administration, an asset;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Access);
- Excellent communication skills (phone, email and in person);
- Fluency in written and spoken French required; fluency in English, an asset;
- Ability to work effectively with various departments (Marketing, Operations, Security, Maintenance, etc.);
- Team spirit, flexibility, adaptability, ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Motivation, creativity and a talent for problem-solving;
- Outgoing and organized;
- Client-focused work ethic;
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, an asset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.