Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
This position will be based out of our Victoria location, reporting to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities of the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant include:
- Answering and directing calls on a busy multi-line phone system
- Order office supplies and data entry as required
- Organize incoming and outgoing mail
- Co-ordinate couriers and directing mail correspondence
- Open and/or close branch on a daily basis
- Distribute and organize Accounts Payable invoices
- Distribute incoming faxes via email
- Planning company events and assisting with bookings
- Create and maintain tracking spreadsheets
- Responsible for P-Card Statements and Purchase Orders
- Management of fleet of truck operations including maintenance, tracking and element reports
- Other administrative duties as required
Skills/Qualifications of the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant include:
- Minimum 2 years of previous reception experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Pleasant and professional phone manner
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft office package; Word, Excel & Outlook
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, team environment
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com
(Administration, Flynn Group of Companies, Reception, Customer Service, Construction)