Job DescriptionJob Title: Receptionist/Clerk/TypistWork Site: Medical Imaging Clerical, Vancouver General HospitalStatus: Temporary Full Time - Vacation ReliefStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately December 2020Salary: $20.95 per hourHours:
0630-1430, 0700-1500, 0900-1700, 1300-2100, 1530-2330, 2330-0630 or as operationally required
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 129675-jim
Come work as a Receptionist/Clerk/Typist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Receptionist/Clerk/Typist to join the Medical Imaging Clerical team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Receptionist/Clerk/Typist with VCH you will:
- Perform a variety of clerical, reception and typing duties such as:
- receiving visitors and patients,
- answering incoming calls,
- responding to enquiries and requests for release of Radiology report information,
- preparing and maintaining patient files,
- inputting a variety of patient information into an established computerized database system,
- signing out images,
- printing or copying Radiology images within the darkroom or to disk from the Picture Archiving and Communication System,
- collecting and distributing mail, dictation tapes and reports within the department,
- typing non-technical material utilizing wordprocessing software,
- and investigating and performing corrections to computerized patient information utilizing the Radiology and Hospital Information Systems.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 12, plus one (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.