At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Receptionist to join our growing Administration team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Strategically supporting the firm, our Administration team anticipates the needs of our team members and Partners. We effectively communicate information for service lines, industry and specialty groups, and operations at all levels throughout the firm. Our administrators support initiatives and ensure efficiency, allowing MNP to better serve our clients and people.
- Manage reception switchboard; answer and direct incoming calls during business hours
- Provide polite and courteous customer service to incoming guests
- Process incoming and outgoing courier packages and mail in a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring that adequate mail supplies are on hand
- Order, stock and distribute office, stationary and kitchen supplies
- Perform general administrative duties as required including but not limited to typing, photocopying, faxing and printing reports
- Coordinate catering requirements, as necessary
- Assist in coordinating fundraising initiatives
- Order business cards and supplies for team members, as needed
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen by ensuring food is put away, garbage is properly disposed of, dishwasher is loaded and unloaded and fridge is cleaned on a periodic basis
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of office stationary supply rooms including stocking and organization of supplies
- Ensure board rooms are set up for client meetings and supplies put away when meeting is concluded
- Assist all team members as requested and required
- Post-secondary education in an office administration program is an asset
- Two (2) to four (4) years of reception/administration experience
- Experience in professional services, particularly consumer insolvency, is an asset
- Ability to handle multiple calls using a switchboard system
- Computer proficiency including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Background screening will be conducted; Education, Criminal, Credit prior to employment
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!