Welcome to Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre - Atlantic Canada's first resort, spa and convention centre facility. Far away from the everyday, but only 45 minutes from Halifax!
“Through the strengths of our crew, we provide authentic service,
deliver unique four ‘SEA’son experiences and create treasured memories.”
We are searching for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join our Recreation crew for the busy summer season. Our ideal Recreation Supervisor will promote our property and the community while delivering a variety of services to resort guests that will assist in providing memorable and unique experiences. These are temporary, part-time opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Supervision and scheduling of all Indoor and Outdoor recreational staff
- Responsible for coordination and administration of all resort recreational programing and special events
- Oversee ongoing upkeep and maintenance requirements of recreational facilities and equipment
- Assist with generation of new ideas to improve recreation programming and department.
- Perform administrative duties associated with recreation department as directed by Director of Operations
- Ensure that friendly, courteous and efficient service is extended to all guests, clients and staff
- Promote resort and community recreation schedule, events and activities to guests
- Assist with maintenance of current visual displays and facilities of recreation events/activities
- Inform guests of the natural and cultural heritage of the region in an organized, fun, dynamic manner
- Supervise activities for all ages that promote the nature of the area and adventure travel
- Perform “concierge” duties for in-house and arriving guests as required
- Actively promote the property and the Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre Brand
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Customer service experience of 2-3 years preferred, hotel specific experience is considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience in a customer service setting of one year
- Confident in decision-making, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Love of the outdoors and able to spend long amounts of time in it
- A high level of knowledge on the local area, Lunenburg County and Nova Scotia
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Proficient with conflict resolution and creative problem solving
- Strong computer skills- Social media and internet savvy
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word/Excel)
- Must be positive, upbeat and have a passion for hospitality and guest service
- Must be able to create rapport and relationships with all demographics of guests and groups
- Previous experience working with all age groups in a recreation/activity setting
- Pride in completing all tasks with enthusiasm and strong attention to detail
- Must be flexible in availability, inclusive of weekends, days, evenings and holidays
- Able to lift loads of 50lbs (22kg) and push loads up to 200lbs (90kg)
Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations and positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
PLEASE APPLY WITH COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resource Department
Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre
Fax: (902) 627-1162
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed