With approximately 2,900 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking a Recruiting and Communications Officer to join our team on a maternity leave cover at our processing facility in Brooks, AB.
NOTE: This position will be located in Brooks, AB
- Work with internal departments and business units to meet their hiring needs with thorough understanding of role details and suitable candidate requirements.
- Manage the company applicant tracking system and postings on online job boards
- Manage and ensure requirements are communicated effectively on job boards to generate the highest number of qualified candidates possible. Utilize out-of-the-box methods to seek out top-rate candidates.
- Screen applications, pre-screen potential candidates and coordinate interviews in a very high volume environment,
- Manage company participation in jobs fairs throughout Alberta. Attending and offering a positive, informed and friendly introduction to the company.
- Develop advertising for employment opportunities through various means, including print, websites, social media, etc.,
- Conduct employment interviews, assessing potential hires,
- Assist the Immigration department when required
- Facilitate new hire onboarding
- Review and edit job postings and other documentation related to hiring and onboarding
- Act as a liaison with community groups and organizations to facilitate corporate sponsorships and events
- Develop and produce communications materials for internal and external audiences that promote and highlight the company culture
- Manage the company’s social media accounts
- Related post-secondary education in a field related to human resources, communications, public relations or marketing
- Prior recruiting/human resource experience
- Experience with social media management
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems (Clear Company preferred) and other online hiring platforms
- Superior organizational skills and time management
- Knowledge of applicable human resource hiring practices, strong interviewing skills.
- Willingness/ability to travel as part of the mobile recruiting team
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide spectrum of individuals efficiently and effectively
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer skills, well versed in Microsoft office
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours/weekends, when required
- Exceptional English language skills, a second language would be an asset
As a member of JBS recruiting team, the successful candidate will be able to travel nationwide, as required for mobile recruiting – and have exceptional interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
Applicants must include a cover letter.
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test.
Exceptional Benefits include:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
4km west of Brooks on Trans Canada Highway No.1
Telephone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403-501-2239
Apply to: www.jbsfoodcanada.ca/careers