Your future career opportunity
Seaspan’s Vancouver Shipyards are currently accepting applications from Red Seal Metal Fabricators/Shipfitters.
As a Shipfitter, you will perform a variety of tasks throughout the production process, while upholding Seaspan’s Core Values of Safety, Care and Efficiency. You will have an opportunity to develop new skills including specialized fabricating techniques specific to the shipbuilding industry that use some of the most state-of-the-art shipbuilding equipment and processes in the world.
Join us to be part of exciting repair and refit projects, and Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest shipbuilding program of our era. We are growing our world-class workforce for the next decade and well beyond.
All candidates must show proof of:
- Metal Fabricator or Boilermaker Certificate of Qualification with Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement or a Recognized Equivalent Provincial Trades Qualification or a Recognized Equivalent International Trade Qualification
- Minimum of 30 Months Documented Metal Fabrication Experience
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- CWB all position FCAW Tacking Ticket preferred
- Marine Fitter Endorsement or 5 years shipbuilding experience in a new construction shipyard preferred
- Comprehend and follow written and spoken directions and work in a safe & efficient manner
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language
- Ability to work in a team environment or individually with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency at layout and fabrication of metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames.
- Demonstrates proficiency at aligning fabricated parts using jacks, turnbuckles, and fairing tools.
- Must be able to use a variety of tools and measuring devices.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment involving confined spaces, working at heights, physical labour, and various weather conditions.
- Must be able to be qualified to wear a respirator.
On offer to you:
Seaspan is a progressive employer with a collaborative culture that supports health, safety, and diversity. Recruitment for this position will be managed through the Marine & Shipbuilders Union Local 506 and membership will be required upon hiring. Together we can provide you with a rewarding and challenging career building state-of-the-art ships, as well as a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in future opportunities, please apply online today using the link below.
Disclaimer: By applying, you agree that Seaspan may share your resume with our Union partner, Marine and Shipbuilders Union, Local 506
If you are experiencing technical issues, email email@example.com with a copy of your resume.