The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (BCTFC) is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Representing over 400 growers, we market fresh tree fruits including, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, prunes and grapes.
BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is currently looking to add a full-time Refrigeration Operator to our talent base by identifying enthusiastic, career minded, innovative and most importantly team players who are willing to go the mile to get the job done. The Refrigeration Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration equipment and controlled atmosphere storage rooms. This position is located in our Southern district (Oliver - Keremeos).
The successful applicant will have the following key accountabilities:
- Operate, assist and coordinate the operation, maintenance, servicing of plant refrigeration facilities and equipment in cold storage areas and controlled atmosphere rooms.
- Work on and assist in the installation and maintenance of the numerous electrical or pressure-operated controls pertinent to all systems
- Required to interpret system performance, diagnose faults and perform effective follow-up of same.
- Keep in consistent communication with Management regarding issues, projects and timelines.
- Work as an effective team player with the rest of the Cold Storage & Maintenance Department to achieve an efficient work place with optimum operations.
The successful applicant will be qualified by possessing the following key attributes:
- Be able to communicate effectively with all employees and management
- Have a good work record and above average attendance
- Be able to undertake assignments with or without direct supervision
- Be comfortable working at heights
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Safety conscious
- Have a valid Refrigeration Operators ticket or the ability to obtain one upon hire in accordance with the BC Safety Authority
- Possess experience working with ammonia as a refrigerant or prepared to attend ammonia awareness training upon hire
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Available to work various hours and shifts including weekends, evenings, and possibly on very short notice, in any of the northern facilities.
Please note the wage for this position is between $25.25-$28.75/hour, dependent on experience.
- Benefits through the Union!
- Mileage Allowance!
- Overtime Opportunities!
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.bctree.com for more information on the cooperative and employment opportunities.