About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 50 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
We continue to grow and expand and need individuals seeking a challenging and interesting career. We are looking for an individual with a passion for loss prevention who wishes to put their management experience in the field into practice within a fast-paced retail environment. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying potentially fraudulent activity at store level and, in cooperation with Store Owner/Managers, conduct detailed investigations to resolve these issues. You will also be responsible for developing best store practices for Loss Prevention based on Post-Mortem reviews of investigations, as well as being available to advise stores on the proper handling of Loss Prevention related issues.
• Portfolio of 60+ Stores primarily in the Quebec area.
• Analyze reports (i.e. shrinkage, refunds, exception usage) to identify inventory, cash losses and procedural compliance issues at store level;
• Assist/advise the operations team on how to reduce/remove high risk situations;
• Liaise with local law enforcement and suggest procedural changes to address current theft trends;
• Manage exception-based reporting software and develop key performance indicators;
• Use of Point-of-Sale (POS) exception reporting systems, including building queries/reports to identify potentially fraudulent activity;
• Provide support to stores during emergency situations;
• Regular travel will be required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing/overseeing loss prevention for a region or district of stores;
• Strong interviewing and communication skills – certified training in Wicklander-Zulawski or Reid Technique is an asset;
• Experience with Exception Reporting System Software in a retail setting;
• Experience with current CCTV technologies, including installation of covert CCTV equipment;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Strong leadership, administrative, organizational and management skills;
• Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions;
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel;
• Must be a team player;
• Valid Private Investigator license is an asset (Quebec license is preferred);
• Bilingual (French and English) required.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.