DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Marketing, the Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) is recognized by regional leadership as the marketing leader for their region. The RMM is accountable for taking a highly collaborative approach to working with the Regional Managing Partner (RMP) and the service and client group leaders within the region, to understand their business objectives and translate these into marketing strategies, plans and activities which drive our brand awareness, positioning and create sales opportunities for our practitioners.
The RMM will have proven experience in creating highly effective marketing programs, plans, business cases and budgeting. They will be accountable for obtaining plan approval and leading the implementation of all office, client group and service-specific marketing activities. This includes tactical and operational planning, budgeting, measurement and reporting of results to the RMPs, regional service and client group leaders, and the Senior Director of Marketing.
It is the responsibility of the RMM to collaborate and communicate effectively with the RMP, regional service and client group leaders, Senior Vice President (SVP) of Marketing, Senior Director of Marketing and the National Marketing resource groups (including strategy, creative and digital departments).
The RMM is expected to provide sound knowledge of the markets in which they operate, including analysis of market and industry trends, client insights and other competitive intelligence, which should inform their planning activities and the counsel they provide to the RMP and other leaders.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Accountability: Develop strategic marketing plans and budgets (for offices, client groups and service lines).
- Communicate with key stakeholders (RMP, service and client group leaders) on a continuous basis to gain a clear understanding of their operational goals in order to develop marketing plans and activities that support these;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to lead development of marketing plans and budgets on time and as per firm guidelines, templates and standards;
- Is creative and looks for innovative marketing approaches when building marketing plans and supporting activities;
- Understand the business cycles, complexities and attributes of each market, and incorporate these insights into development of marketing plans;
- Conduct regional marketing intelligence activities (such as understanding the competitive environment, MNP market share and brand positioning);
- Ensure programs and activities are measurable and support business objectives. Understand and link strategies and tactics to specific KPI’s and business development opportunities;
- Actively participate as the marketing expert at regional partner/manager meetings.
Accountability: Execute the marketing plans in a timely and effective basis (working with local and other resources as appropriate) to maintain a competitive position in the regional market.
- Responsible for the management and execution of the region’s marketing plans, ensuring timely execution of all deliverables;
- Continuously ensure buy-in of the marketing plan with the appropriate people involved (RMP, service and client group leaders), confirming that the value they are looking for is being delivered before, during and after execution;
- Ensure the highest standards of quality in delivery, identifying and adhering to industry best practices;
- Manage and monitor region’s budgets in order to analyze variances between planned and actual spend (and to recommend corrective actions as necessary);
- Develop creative and campaign briefs, and lead concept development phases;
- Understand vendor arrangements/structures and develop and maintain those relationships;
- Participate in functions and events as required;
- Leverage operational activities to Marketing Coordinator(s), ensuring RMM remains strategic in the initiative. Utilize local office administrative people (i.e. Office Administrators) for logistical elements where appropriate;
- Work with and adhere to firm processes and best practices, including working with National resources for design and production;
- Is a team player who collaborates and communicates effectively with all National office resource teams (Strategy, Creative and Digital departments);
Accountability: Measure, analyze and make recommendations regarding the regional marketing plan’s effectiveness for all market segments. Report results to appropriate stakeholders.
- Use automated and manual tools (including seeking direct feedback from practitioners) to measure and understand impact of our marketing activities;
- Stay in contact with the business to ensure follow up action takes place after event/marketing activity, including tracking leads (and potential value of leads) through the sales funnel;
- Is consistent with application of the firm’s ‘Impact Reporting’ methodology process (where applicable);
- Analyze the impact reporting information to make recommendations and adjustments to plans and program activity (including identifying successes, gaps or further opportunities);
- Regularly report on the success of our marketing activity (and any recommended adjustments) to the Senior Director of Marketing, RMP and service and client group leaders;
Accountability: Leadership, development and success of direct reports (where applicable) and self.
- Provide overall direction and set expectations for regional marketing team;
- Maintain open communication with other RMMs and Regional Marketing Coordinators (RMCs) regarding their knowledge of local key influencers, media and events to gain leverage across the region;
- Provide leadership, coordination and guidance to region’s RMCs and Assistants, ensuring strong collaboration and consistency of processes throughout team;
- Maintain effective communication, information flow and rapport between team members and partners;
- Ensure teams have access to, understand how to use – and are consistently using – appropriate tools and resources (such as consistent marketing plan and budget templates) to fulfil their accountabilities.
- Ensure a high standard of performance and a strong customer service orientation by providing regular feedback to direct reports, including annual written performance appraisals;
- Guide in the development and monitoring of team members’ personal learning plans;
- Develop team members’ ability to problem solve and make decisions within defined boundaries;
- Demonstrate desired behaviour through their own actions, leading by example;
- Mentor and coach team members towards professional and personal development;
- Delegate and assign authority to others in a balanced effective and efficient manner;
- Encourage full participation of each individual in the team.
Accountability: Continues personal development, including building strong relationships in their community and with industry and business associations.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. RMPs, Regional Niche and Service Line Leaders);
- Build profile and relationships in the external marketplace (e.g. with local influencers, media and community, including through attendance at local events);
- Maintain awareness of changes to regional marketplace, studying economic indicators in their region to identify current and future market trends;
- Where required, attend the annual Marketing Summit, relevant workshops, seminars and conferences, and apply learnings in the workplace;
- Read professional journals and references and share and apply learning to the workplace;
- Look for opportunities to broaden experience through projects outside of position accountabilities;
- Demonstrate professionalism in day-to-day routines and interactions. Conduct self in a professional manner, in accordance with MNP values, and continuously build and reinforce relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Marketing
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a marketing management capacity and a demonstrated understanding of the entire marketing process
- Experience working in a professional services environment or marketing agency environment considered an asset
- Understanding and experience working in the local marketplace is an asset
- Understanding of how to build and reinforce effective working relationships within and across teams and with key stakeholders
- Strong Project Management skills
- Possess strong presentation and reporting skills
- Possess business development skills and knowledge
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Database Marketing Software and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with web, digital and social media platforms
- A valid driver’s license is necessary as travel will be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
Competencies: Leadership, Teamwork, Managing Conflict, Communication, Influencing, Professional Presentation, Planning & Organizing, Results Oriented
Performance Improvement & Individual Development Planning:
MNP recognizes the strategic importance of the contributions of our team members in becoming the best provider of professional and advisory services. Sustaining profitable growth for our business and long-term value creation for our customers, our people, and our stakeholders require a total commitment to exceptional standards of performance; working together effectively; and a willingness to embrace new ideas as incorporated in our ASK (attitude, skills, knowledge) categories. Each employee and manager must assume ownership of this process through the Performance Management Program and the promotion of personal Learning and Development activities.
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.