LMC Pharmacy is an endocrinology-specialized pharmacy predominately serving a population of patients with diabetes. We are co-located in LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology clinics and deliver medication assessments, patient education, medication, condition and device training, MedsCheck services as well as dispensing services. This position provides a great deal of interaction with patients and collaboration with an interdisciplinary team including endocrinologists, diabetes educators, health coaches, chiropodists, optometrists and research colleagues.
Currently, our growing team is looking for a Pharmacy Assistant to join us on a FT Contract basis at our LMC Pharmacy – Vaughan and Etobicoke. Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacy Assistant will support the pharmacy by entering, filling, and preparing medications, both OTC and prescription, as well as participate in the day-to-day workflow management of patients and pharmacy tasks. Role provides a unique opportunity to practice in a clinical environment with a team of top specialists in diabetes and endocrinology. The Pharmacy Assistant will provide focused care to a rapidly growing base of patients with diabetes and other endocrine conditions.
- Entering and managing patient pharmacy profiles
- Entering, filling and preparing medications, both OTC and prescription
- Managing refill calls, patient reminder calls and other patient communications
- Ordering and managing inventory, both supplies and medications
- Working with the Pharmacists and the Diabetes Education team to assist patients’ diabetes management
- Blood glucose meter training
- Collaborating with endocrinologists and other team members to provide the best care to visiting clients
- Supporting all responsibilities related to pharmacy operations as well as medication and supplies dispensing and shipment
- High School Diploma
- OCP RPhT designation and insurance an asset
- Interest in working with patients with diabetes
- 1-2 years of Ontario pharmacy experience
- Proficiency in Kroll, including MedsCheck billing, administration and recordkeeping
- Experience with an EMR system an asset
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Able to keep up with a fast paced environment and successfully multitask
- Able to work efficiently both independently and within a team
- Adaptable and able to prioritize tasks
- Resourcefulness and good problem solving skills
- Availability Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, with flexibility to provide infrequent after-hour service as needed
Why LMC Pharmacy might be right for you!
- Great hours! Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Great setting! Professional collaborative care environment with shared Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Practice in a clinical environment with a team of top specialists and allied healthcare providers
- Great work! Consultative pharmacy services with a specialization in diabetes and endocrinology. Help patients manage their diabetes care needs and medication therapy. Improve health outcomes. Train future pharmacists!
- LMC Pharmacy has historically hired for FT Permanent positions from our existing staff, including our Contract staff
LMC Healthcare (LMC) is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology & metabolism. We’re transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 15 multi-disciplinary centers of excellence and 20 clinical research sites located in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec). Our 60+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists and Clinical Research Professionals.
LMC provides six industry-leading programs areas:
- Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- Diabetes Pharmacy
- Chiropody & Foot Specialist Care
- Optometry & Eye Specialist Care
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
LMC Pharmacy and LMC Healthcare are organizations committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.