Sinopec USA, Inc. is looking for an experienced Regional Procurement Manager to direct the procurement activities of its Canadian branch. The Regional Procurement Manager will primarily work from Sinopec USA’s office in Calgary, Alberta, which is currently located at Sun Life Plaza, East Tower #2700, 112-4th Avenue S.W. in Calgary, Alberta, T2P 0H3, and will occasionally be required to travel to our offices and client sites in North America, South America, and China.
This is a permanent full-time position (expected between 30-45 hours/week) with a base salary of CAD $130,000, and with a potential annual bonus based on a percentage of net profits. In addition, this position also offers extended medical, dental, and disability insurance and a pension plan. The language of work is English.
The key job duties of the Regional Procurement Manager include:
- Planning, overseeing and conducting branch’s procurement activities;
- Developing and implementing branch policies and procedures relating to purchasing activities;
- Conducting in-depth market research on the Canadian oil and gas market;
- Identifying and understanding procurement needs for existing clients;
- Devising sourcing strategies and exploring potential suppliers for existing clients according to their business needs;
- Reviewing and comparing quotes obtained;
- Negotiating with vendors on purchasing contract terms and conditions;
- Performing risk management on purchasing process;
- Managing client’s procurement budgets;
- Supervising the execution of purchasing contracts including orders, packaging and deliveries;
- Managing and directing staff involved in procurement and delivery process; and
- Coordinating with Branch Manager to maintain client relationships with existing clients.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in international business, marketing, or a related field;
- Extensive experience in sales and procurement within the oil and gas industry;
- Extensive customer service experience serving corporate and industrial clients;
- In-depth knowledge of international oil and gas markets, especially in North and South America; and
- Ability to work in English.
Applications can be submitted to Yingqun Zheng by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject. Please provide your resume, cover letter, and a minimum of 2 references upon submission of application.
Potential annual bonus based on a percentage of net profits