About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
The Regional Sales Manager role will focus on business growth and channel development with new and emerging independent sales representatives. The right person will help build relationships and educate independent reps on how to be successful using Nortek products and engineered solutions. This role will be instrumental in the organic growth of the business through customer feedback and improving representative network effectiveness. Responsible for overall regional representation in Sales for designated region, along with indirectly process sales orders, prepare pricing, respond to customers inquiries, and expedite orders to maximize the Company’s sales effectiveness. Preferred location at the Montreal (Anjou) location, but flexible with other locations in the US or Canada.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a Teamwork culture.
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- Ability to select and hire “A” players, continuously develops employees, coaches to maximize performance and manages underperformers.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Largest custom unit manufacturer of premium HVAC equipment. Leading data center technology and best in class product and selection software.
- Overall responsibility for sales in designated region for the Company.
- Improve overall operational effectiveness of the organization through the development of annual sales plan, objectives, and forecasts aligned with overall sales plan for the business unit.
- Develop network of independent reps to support sales growth
- Develop product awareness at consultant/project representative level to include product capabilities, technical information, new offerings, etc.
- Cultivation of new customers at the installing contractor level; product promotion to specifying engineers on new projects
- Display strong external focus through a keen awareness of market conditions, customer and competitor activities and their related opportunities for the business.
- Create and execute customized marketing plans for major customers within the territory, including participation in trade shows and association events.
- Establish process to identify potential jobs/projects in region and secure bid from independent rep or end customer, set review process with operations, sourcing, and engineering to understand future needs.
- Serve as customer resource for technical and application questions, leverage appropriate internal resources to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Extensive travel required, >75%
- Listen to customer requests for product and prepare information to submit for quote.
- Compute cost of manufacturing products and anticipated savings in product costs.
- Confer with VP of Sales or VP, General Manager on sales, review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and locations.
- Assist in all departmental functions as required and perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline
- Minimum of five years of experience within Sales and a solid track record in sales achievements and sales closing.
- Computer skills – CRM, intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
- Effective communication skills including written and verbal.
- Able to effectively present to large groups.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and within guidelines/established procedures.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, handle high volume workload, and participate in trade shows.
- Strong relationship building skills
- English language fluency required, with French fluency highly preferred.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.