- Are you a strong leader with the ability to mobilize and inspire people and deliver superior results?
- Do you want to be part of National Bank’s digital transformation and bring forth your change management experience?
- Do you have strong business development experience?
- Are you client centric and do you always ensure to maintain client satisfaction and loyalty?
This position reports to the Vice-President – Personal Banking, Ontario and Western Canada.
The position requires travelling across Central and East of the Greater Toronto Area, up to 80% of the time.
- Implement strategies aimed at increasing and developing the client base in your territory and achieving or surpassing your region's business objectives
- Develop a client-centric sales culture by supporting branch managers' in business development and service management activities
- Motivate managers and employees and play a leadership role with respect to sales, client satisfaction and operational efficiency
- Raise the Bank's visibility and profile in the region
- Increase market share
Main responsibilities and activities
Team management and leadership
- Manage a team of Branch Managers by providing leadership to achieve the business line's priorities
- Provide coaching related to sales and service activities (e.g., sales meetings, skills development, one-on-one coaching)
- Ensure rigorous performance management (i.e., recognizing strong performance and appropriately addressing under-performance)
- Motivating managers and employees to increase their engagement and ensure retention
- Take charge of change management for a successful transformation
- Make sure that initiatives are implemented and that the necessary corrections are identified in order to ensure client satisfaction and deliver on the Client Promise
- Reinforce the "One client, one bank" vision by implementing or facilitating initiatives involving representatives from other business lines to attract new clients, retain existing clients and grow share of wallet
- Promote the Bank's customer service orientations and ensure that the practices advocated by the Bank are applied within the region
- Ensure that managers rigorously manage the rules of engagement and the rules for referring clients between business lines
- Actively promote the Bank's image by acting as an ambassador in the community and promoting participation and leadership in business groups, initiatives and fundraisers
- Make sure that the key performance indicators prioritized by the business line are achieved
- Determine the financial contribution and objectives expected of each branch
- Promote the sales and service guidelines as well as the application of processes and the use of standardized tools (e.g., sales activity management, sales coaching meetings, client meetings)
- Optimize the execution of strategies within the team by calling on the Bank's different partners to contribute
- Ensure optimal management of the region's material, financial and human resources
- Ensure rigorous management of established latitudes in order to maximize the region's growth in earnings
- Process and internal practices
- Direct the region to achieve operational excellence objectives
- Rigorously manage the application of input quality and compliance standards for various transactions
Make sure that employees understand and comply with the Bank's risk management strategy
Bachelor's degree in a related field, plus 10 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree in a related field, plus 8 years of relevant experience
- MBA diploma (a strong asset)
- Experience as a Regional Vice-President in banking industry is an asset
- Banking experience is required
- Strong management and coaching experience is required
- Proven experience in change and transformation management
- Significant business development experience
- English, both spoken and written is required. French is an asset
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
***The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Personal and Commercial Banking sector’s activities