Registered Nurse, Correctional Health Services, North Fraser Pre-Trial Centre
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services,$35.53 to $46.65 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide direct trauma informed health care services to clients presenting with a wide variety and complexity of illnesses/diseases including communicable diseases, substance dependency, mental health and general health issues. Perform physical, substance use and psychiatric assessments, collect specimens, refer clients to the physician for further examination, administer prescribed treatments and medications according to protocols and make appropriate adjustments. Triage Health Service Requests from clients and make appropriate treatment plan or referrals.
- Observe, monitor, evaluate, assess and document client progress, symptoms, and behavioral changes and performs a variety of health care interventions utilizing nursing skills and medical equipment including therapeutic interventions using a variety of modalities. Initiate and facilitate discharge planning in collaboration with the interprofessional treatment team; identify referrals to other health professionals.
- Provide education and support to clients and groups using a health promotion approach regarding matters such as contraception, birth control, sexually transmitted diseases, upper respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections and minor dermatology problems.
- Work collaboratively with other health care professionals, client, family and community in the identification and resolution of health issues, cultural and language barriers, ethical dilemmas and coordination and integration of care, and make referrals to other service providers as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate computerized and paper records in accordance with established procedures and policies; prepare and maintain statistical information, correspondence, reports and other documentation. Document patient/family perspectives and nursing observations.
What you bring
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM), formally known as British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years’ recent experience providing trauma informed acute or community health nursing care/services to patients who have a combination of physical, psychiatric and/or concurrent substance abuse/misuse disorders or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Successful completion of Occupational First Aid II (OFA II) (or OFA III techniques for positions at Ford Mountain Correctional Centre)
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.86 FTE, Until November 2021)
Wage: $35.53 to $46.65 per hour
1451 Kingsway Avenue, Port Coquitlam
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating Days: 0700 to 1730
Requisition Number: 100577
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.