REGISTERED NURSE (Full-Time/Temp) - Pine Meadow Nursing Home
Pine Meadow Nursing Home is a non-profit 64 bed Long Term Care facility seeking a Registered Nurse for temporary (maternity leave) full time, rotating shifts (primarily night shifts) with biweekly hours 79 hours. Wages maybe commensurate based on experience.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Pine Meadow’s Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provide with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Possesses a certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
CLOSING DATE: September 2, 2019
Elizabeth Palmateer, Director of Care
Pine Meadow Nursing Home
Pine Meadow accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.