Opportunities Available for Registered Nurses, Operating Room
Full Time Opportunity (Monday to Friday Days only)
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre promotes the best care for women, newborns and families through direct care delivery, shared care models and outreach and consultation support to health care providers.
Our Registered Nurses in our Gynecology Surgical Day Care Services specialize in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
As a member of the OR Nursing team, you will experience the opportunity to:
- Work on a rotating work schedule Monday to Friday with no evenings, weekend or on-call shifts
- Support two streams of service:
- General gynecology with anesthesia support
- Hysteroscopic gynecology which provides the opportunity to be trained in nurse administered procedural
- Work with a passionate inter-professional team committed to delivering the best care for women & families.
- Expand your OR nursing skills to specialize in women health
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Successful completion of a post-graduate program in Operating Room Nursing or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level I.
You are able to:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively with patient and their families.
- Ability to participate as a member of an interdisciplinary care team
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment
For a full list of Duties & Accountabilities, please contact email@example.com
If you are passionate about women's health, apply today
- Reference # 89322
- Regular Full Time
- Wage: $34.83 - 45.73 hourly
- Rotating schedule: Day hours: 0730-1620 (week 1)/ 0910-1800 (week 2)
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCW is a part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate• Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre, please visit the website at http://www.bcwomens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.