Help our team by providing nursing care delivery and care planning for forensic psychiatric patients in conjunction with an interdisciplinary and unit-based treatment team.
In this role, you will:
- Provide direct care in accordance with the care plan by performing protocols and interventions; implementing behaviour management strategies and meeting care recipient needs; applying approved techniques, procedures, and treatments; and administering prescribed medication.
- Recognize and identify signs and symptoms and detect changes in patients’ conditions, reporting and recording as indicated.
- Collect and document patient health care information, maintaining complete and accurate records of nursing observation, interventions, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Plan direct care and contribute to the physical and psychological well-being of patients by assessing clinical requirements, status, and condition of care recipients; developing care plans based on identified needs; participating in various interdisciplinary assessment and screening processes; and including patient and family, when appropriate, in planning nursing care.
- Implement care plans, evaluate outcomes, and revise plans to address gaps in response to the needs of care recipients.
- Consult with nurses, members of the interdisciplinary team, and other health care professionals and access any other available resources in relation to overall care planning issues. You will meet with other members of the health care team to discuss and review the care plan, maintaining liaison between nurses, physicians, family, and community resources for individual patients to ensure continuity of care.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Graduated from a recognized diploma program in Psychiatric Nursing or Nursing.
- One (1) year of recent experience working in a forensic or acute psychiatric hospital setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level 1.
- Current and updated knowledge of changes and developments in the practice of psychiatric nursing and of applicable Federal and Provincial legislation (i.e. the Criminal Code of Canada, Forensic Psychiatry Act, the Mental Health Act, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Young Offenders Act, Public Trustee Act).
- Broad knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of behavioural, social, emotional and mental health/psychiatric issues in adults.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods, and tools.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrate organizational, facilitation, decision-making, and leadership skills.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepare and maintain records, charts, and reports.
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary care team, work independently, and function as a nursing resource.
- Adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, and deal with conflict.
- Operate related equipment.
Reference # 82096
Regular Full Time (1.00 FTE)
Wage $35.88– $46.55 Hourly
Work Schedule: 0700-1500 / 1500-2300
70 Colony Farm Rd, Coquitlam BC
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at email@example.com. Please note the internal job posting has expired and is no longer accessible. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at www.bcmhsus.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
BCMHSUS is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.