RN/RPN Maximum and Multi-Level Security Units
Forensic Psychiatric Hospital, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, Coquitlam, BC,$37.33 to $48.45 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide direct care in accordance with the care plan by methods such as performing protocols and interventions, implementing behaviour management strategies and meeting care recipient needs; applying approved techniques, procedures and treatments; administering prescribed medication. Recognize and identify signs and symptoms, and detect changes in patients’ conditions; reports and records as indicated.
- Collect and document patient health care information. Maintain complete and accurate records of nursing observation, interventions and evaluation of nursing care. Maintain complete and accurate records of telephone communications as well.
- Plan direct care and contribute to the physical and psychological well-being of the patients by methods such as assessing clinical requirements, status and condition of care recipients; developing care plans based on identified needs, participating in various interdisciplinary assessment and screening processes, and including patient and family, when appropriate, in planning nursing care; and implementing care plans, evaluating outcomes and revising plans to address gaps and to respond to the needs of care recipients.
- Consult with nurses, members of the interdisciplinary team and other health care professionals and access any other available resources in relation to overall care planning issues. Meet with other members of the health care team to discuss and review the care plan. Maintain liaison between nurses, physicians, family, and community resources for individual patients to ensure continuity of care.
- Support patients with psychosocial, life, and personal care skills by methods such as teaching and providing guidance to patients, supervising and participating in routine care of the patients including personal hygiene and maintaining normal body functions; utilizing accepted modalities such as Social Learning Theory, role-playing, and group therapy; and identifying and pursuing advocacy issues on behalf of patients.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year of recent experience working in a forensic or acute psychiatric hospital setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level 1.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.60 FTE, Until June 2021)
Wage: $37.33 to $48.45 per hour
70 Colony Farm Rd, Coquitlam
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Requisition Number: 94855
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.