Registered Nurse (ONA), Freeport Hospital Site – Grand River Hospital
Complex Continuing Care and Rehabilitation Programs
Permanent Full-Time & Part-Time, Unscheduled Part Time & Temporary Opportunities Available
Grand River Hospital (GRH) is Waterloo Region’s largest hospital, located in Kitchener, Ontario. With over 600 beds, GRH has 15 clinical programs and services and provides patient-centered care to more than 775,000 residents in the Region of Waterloo and surrounding communities. The hospital is conveniently located close to major routes and highways.
Why Work With Us?
We are looking for passionate individuals to help us achieve our vision of providing exceptional care and contributing to a healthy community. Grow your career at Waterloo Region’s largest hospital and be part of a progressive organization full of great opportunities with a culture that values compassion, innovation, and a positive attitude. GRH is a place where you can truly make a difference – one patient at a time. At GRH, you are essential.
Job Summary & Qualifications
Hours of Work – 8 or 12 Hour Shifts
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Team.
The RN assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the outcome of nursing care for an assigned group of patients, within the standards for professional practice in the clinical setting.
The RN provides leadership within the Nursing Care delivery system.
Programs at the Freeport Campus include General Rehab, Low Intensity Rehab, Palliative/Long Term Ventilation, Neurobehavioural/Geriatric Assessment and Freeport Float Pool.
In this position, the incumbent will be required to work with COVID positive patients when assigned. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
In this position, the incumbent may be required to work with COVID positive patients when assigned.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent experience in Complex Care, Rehabilitation or Medicine would be an asset
- Knowledge of rehabilitative philosophy of care
- Knowledge of assessment requirements and clinical care needs of a predominantly geriatric medically complex patient population
- Recognized gerontology courses or advanced education would be an asset
- BCLS required
- MDS Assessment experience an asset
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary setting
Why Should You Apply?
- Great Pension Plans
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Growth and Promotion opportunities across clinical and corporate program and service areas
- Educational and Training Opportunities, Tuition Assistance Program, Health Services Library, Leadership Academy, Edge Learning Courses
- GRH Social Club and discounted prices for movies, family events, tickets to attractions, etc.
- Other community discounts and access to opportunities as a GRH health care worker