Registered Nurse, Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
Permanent Part Time (2)
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Registered Nurses who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you’ll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Critical care or Emergency care certificate or equivalent education
What else do you bring?
- PACU or ICU or Emergency experience required.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in inpatient surgery, recovery room, ICU or Emergency
- Excellent patient assessment and care planning skills.
- Proven skills in patient education and training
- Computer proficiency with experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) course
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by ONA
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.