Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Surgical Program - GI Suite
Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours: Variousrotating 8 hourshifts(Participation in a GI after-hours and weekend on-call roster with the expectation of being able to attend for GI emergent cases within 30 minutes is required and subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
Registered Nurse to provide nursing care to patients and their families in the GI Suite and the GI Recovery area. This includes assisting physicians with GI procedures including gastroscopy, colonoscopy and ERCP.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS Certification required at time of hire
- Must have 3 years experience working in a GI suite (including proficiency in ERCP, EUS, bronchoscopy) required.
- Critical Care required.
- Experience in caring for patients receiving procedural sedation
- ACLS required at time of hire an ongoing
- Previous experience in Endoscopy required
- Cardiac arrhythmia monitoring and interpretation skills.
- Excellence in IV skills
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility
- Ability to work as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment
- Diplomacy, public relation and conflict resolution skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and a strong knowledge of policy and practice standards
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary Range: $33.23 - $47.57 per hour
Date Posted:May 26, 2020
Internal applications due by:June 2, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.