REGISTERED NURSE/REGISTERED PSYCHIATRIC NURSE (Casual) – Extendicare Vulcan
Candidates are invited to apply for the casual position of Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse to work at our Extendicare Vulcan facility, a 46-bed long-term care home, located in in Vulcan Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the registered Nurse will enhance the effective management and quality of care delivery and nursing practice in keeping with the Code of Ethics and Standards of the Nursing College (CARNA or CRPNA), Provincial Long-Term Care Standards and Extendicare Canada Inc. polices.
- Ensure resident care is provided within established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies.
- Use the Nursing Process of Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate a resident health, and develop individualized resident care plans
- Oversees Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, care plan development and addresses family concerns
- Plans, directs, supervises and evaluates the work of LPN and Health Care Aide staff
- Assists in orientating, mentoring and competency development of staff
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and acts as a champion of customer satisfaction and customer service
- Demonstrates commitment to working with seniors and excellent public relations practices
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Current licensure with CARNA or CRPNA required
- Previous supervisory experience in Long Term Care desirable
- Experience dealing with cognitively impaired
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of wound management, infection control, dementia care, least restraint, and zero lift practices
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizing, planning, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Salary and benefits as per the collective agreement including recognition of previous experience as may be applicable.
CLOSING DATE: July 11, 2019
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Katherine Strauss, Director of Care