As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
In addition to providing specialized mental health and addiction services, BCMHSUS also provides provincial leadership in mental health and addiction research, education and knowledge exchange, and health promotion and illness prevention in support of system-wide improvements.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services is an Agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health and Addiction is a province-wide resource for people who are affected by problematic substance use, mental health issues and health care concerns. The goal of this 100-bed facility is to support people to regain their health, benefit from treatment, and eventually return to community life, with continued support for recovery. The Centre integrates mental health, substance use and primary care to provide a holistic approach and focuses on a person’s individual strengths. In addition, the Centre fills a gap in service and meets the complex needs of people who are homeless or living in unstable housing, who are vulnerable, and who are affected by significant physical and mental health issues, and a substance use problem.
The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health and Addiction is a partnership among the Ministry of Health, Provincial Health Services Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health. Clients can access the Centre through referrals from hospital, community and the criminal justice system.
Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Hours/Days of Work: 0700-1900/1900-0700 Rotating on call
Hourly Rate: $34.83 - $45.73
28- 3405 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC
What you'll do:
- Provides nursing care to individuals with concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders, homelessness and physical health needs.
- Provides direct health care services to clients presenting with a wide variety and complexity of acute and chronic illnesses/diseases including communicable diseases, addictions, mental health and general health issues.
- Performs physical, addiction and psychiatric assessments
- Refers clients to the physician for further examination, administers prescribed treatments and medications.
- Observes, monitors, evaluates and documents client progress, symptoms, and behavioral changes and performs a variety of health care interventions.
- Provides education and support to clients/groups using a health promotion approach.
- Works collaboratively with other health care professionals, client, family and community.
What you bring:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse or as a Registered Nurse with the British Columia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two 2 years’ recent experience providing acute or community health nursing care/services to clients who have concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
We encourage new nurse graduates to apply!
Burnaby Centre will be expanding and moving to a new location. Click on the video link to get a sneak peak of the new facility: https://youtu.be/f0BMm4pc45c
For more information about the Agency please visit the website at: www.bcmhsus.ca
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.