Job DescriptionJob Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical CareWork Site: Intensive Care Unit, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $34.83 - $45.73 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 122388-esa
Come work as a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Lions Gate Hospital!Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for an RN with Critical Care certification to join its team in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Lions Gate Hospital. As an RN in the Intensive Care Unit, you will:
- Provide nursing care to high risk critically ill clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years' recent, related critical care experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of anaesthetic and other drugs used in critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to a critical care environment.
- Skill in the use of critical care monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.