Employment Status: Permanent, Part-Time (0.8 FTE)
Program: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 60
Work Schedule: Days with an evening and weekend rotation
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSNU
Portability of Seniority as per NSNU Agreement
Are you passionate about helping people in your community live every day to the fullest? A career at VON is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to make a difference.
VON is looking for Nurses who have strong critical thinking skills, who enjoy working independently, continuous learning, and working to their full scope.
Our Registered Nurses provide acute nursing care to children, youth, adults and seniors who require medical care in their homes.
VON offers an extended orientation for new nurses. New grads are welcome to apply!
Our Nurses provide:
- Client assessments
- Diabetes management
- IV medications
- IV/CVAD care
- Medication management
- Palliative care
- Patient and family teaching
- Wound care; incl. negative pressure wound therapy and complex wounds
- …and much more!
- To provide and manage high quality and effective nursing care to all individuals who are assigned to your care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registration with NSCN and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health education
- Experience providing nursing care to children, adults and seniors an asset
- Can effectively use software for client documents & communication
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Valid CPR C / First Aid required
Did you know about the federal government program for RN’s working in rural areas? Work with us in a rural area and you might be eligible for the Government of Canada's Student Loan forgiveness program.
Make a difference. Apply today!