Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.8 FTE)
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 60
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSNU
On Call: Yes
Location: Sydney, NS and surrounding area
Portability of seniority as per collective agreement.
Registered Nurses will provide professional nursing consultation services on a wide variety of nursing issues related to the care of older adult clients. You will promote programs to meet community needs, and provide exceptional nursing care to clients and caregivers in the community by applying VON Branch philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- BSCN or BA in nursing
- Current registration as an RN in the province of Nova Scotia
- Experience providing nursing care to adults and seniors
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments (example: Mini-mental status, depression, pain, etc.)
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.