Pattern Jobs is looking for a Registered Nurse for a full time 3-4 month contracts at Community Health Centres in Vancouver, BC for Vancouver Coastal Health. RNs will be responsible for wound care, immunization, and community IVs.
You will be placed at one of 5 Community Health Centres within Vancouver Coastal Health in the metro-Vancouver area.
We are looking for RNs to cover the 8:30AM - 4:30PM shift Monday to Friday.
Hourly rate will be: $38/hour
- Work collaboratively within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team providing targeted emerging pathogens and viral case and contact tracing programming with a focus on individuals with stable or predictable states of health.
- Provide nursing services in person or by telephone related to the assessment of individuals presenting with or at risk for outbreak communicable disease such as COVID-19, by methods such as communicating test results to infected individuals and non-infected individuals and providing health information, education and referrals related to communicable diseases.
- Assist with major communicable disease outbreak investigations by monitoring active cases, conducting testing, conducting surveillance follow-ups, administering immunizations as per scope of practice, monitoring laboratory reports for new cases, and providing information about disease process and prevention measures.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program combined with 2 â€“ 3 years recent experience in an acute care operating room environment.
- Active/eligible for registration and practice permit with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals.
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) perioperative nursing certification/Completion of a post-secondary educational institution perioperative nursing program/Equivalent in education and experience.
- Ability to perform consistently in a highly organized, rapid moving, complex environment.
- Ability to collaborate within the expectations of a highly complex integrated team.
- Ability to wear lead apron protection for an extended period of time.
- The ability to cope and effectively perform in stressful and/or emergent situations is essential.
- Current immunization for hepatitis B, influenza, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, and diphtheria.
- Current tuberculin skin testing (within 6 months before date of hire).
Powered by JazzHR