Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We’re seeking aRegisteredNurse (part-time)to join our team!
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will perform assigned duties related to the collection of blood (whole blood, autologous, directed, apheresis blood components), and sample collections as requested at permanent, mobile and satellite sites in a professional and courteous manner.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Performs donor assessment/health screening procedures to determine donor eligibility status
- Performs phlebotomy for whole blood and apheresis, as required
- Provides generalized assistance and support to the Clinic Services department
- Delivers customer service excellence
- Performs other related duties as required
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Registeredas a Registered Nurse inNew Brunswick
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written required; French is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, donors and volunteers
- Ability to establish priorities and organize workload
- Strong customer service orientation
- Manual dexterity is a requirement
- Ability to travel to mobile clinics on a regular basis, including overnights