Position : Registered Nurse
Department : Medicine: Inpatient Medical/Surgical Unit
Status : Temporary Full-time for approximately 1 year
Hours : Monday to Sunday - various rotating 8 & 12 hourshifts (Hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Site : Oakville
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
To assess, plan and implement care on an acute medical/surgical unit as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviors and attitudes.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire.
- Recent general medicine and/or surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Trauma experience is an asset.
- Telemetry certification required OR commitment to complete telemetry certification within 6 months of hire required.
- Strong assessment skills, reliable, flexible, self-directed professional whom is able to work effectively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary team.
- Sound patient care nursing skills combined with effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required.
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary :$33.23 to $47.57 per hour
Date Posted: May 26 , 2020
Internal applications due by: June 2 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.