Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We are currently seeking aRegistered Nurseto join our team in theKitchener/Waterlooarea.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you willperform assigned duties to assist in the collection of blood and blood products.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Performs confidential donor screening and provides donor with information, instruction and advice on blood donation
- Ensures collection equipment and supplies are adequate and in good working order
- Ensures the safety and comfort of donor during and following collection
- Guides and assists clinic staff and volunteers performing donor and product related activities
- Ensures that all required documentation is carried out
- Assists with loading, unloading, carrying, setting up, and dismantling collection equipment and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nurse program
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Minimum three years nursing experience
- Excellent communication skills in English required
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to work variable shifts – days, evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Regular travel required for this position.
There isone Regular Part-Time position available in Kitchener/Waterloo.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.