As professionals in the healthcare staffing industry, Nexim helps place talent who have a passion and commitment to the health and well-being of others. Our coverage area includes most of the GTA as well as surrounding cities and towns.
Who We Look for:
We are looking to hire qualified Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) for one of our clients in Oakville. As a Registered Practical Nurse, you are accountable for the assessment and planning of all aspects of resident care, delivering standard nursing procedures, medication administration and documentation in compliance with the respective legislation.
· Establish a solid rapport with the client by satisfying their physical, psychological and social needs
· Assess and interpret the client’s physical and psychological condition within the framework of nursing practice (CNO) and established policies
· Ensure the early identification of health issues and complications associated with chronic or communicable diseases
· Implement physicians’ orders; administer medications, start IVs, perform treatments, procedures/ special tests and document treatment pursuant to company policies.
· Provide medical/nursing care to patients in accordance with the Legislated Standards of Nursing Practice
· Collaborate with the medical team to develop and implement a customized personal care plan for each client
· Document full cycle resident care in a timely manner and adhere to the patient confidentiality policy
· Work in conjunction with the medical team to assess the clients in terms of their physical and psychological condition
· Monitor and anticipate medical supplies entailed, placing orders and restocking supplies dependent on inventory level
· Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of medical equipment by complying with manufacturer’s instructions
· Foster a positive, clean working environment that is conducive to team members, residents and family members
· Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
Diploma in Practical Nursing or Bachelor of Science: Nursing (BScN)
· 1+ year of relevant experience working as an RPN
· Experience working in long term care facility
· Registered Practical Nurse
· Current Certificate of Competence, College of Nurses of Ontario
· Valid Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Negative - covid-19 Test required
Language & Communication Skills
· Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written
· Ability to effectively explain and convey the client or family needs to the medical team
· Ability to read medical prescriptions and complete incident report form
· Ability to accommodate and cover on-call & weekend shifts as required*
· Ability to comply with standard policies/ procedures and ensure safe work practices
· Eligible Candidates must be flexible in terms of scheduling and have a can-do attitude
*Highly Competitive Pay*
Candidates interested in the aforementioned position may apply directly on Indeed.ca. We appreciate the interest of all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nexim Healthcare Consultant Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $50.00-$53.00 per hour
Competitive rates and a flexible work schedule to fit your current circumstances