The Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy, with regional services across the country is transforming the Canadian prescription drug landscape and the way patients make decisions about their medications. Our Pharmacies are seeking Registered Pharmacy Technicians that provide meaningful support at the right time to our members for better health and peace of mind.
We are actively looking for Registered Pharmacy Technicians to support the day-to-day operations of the Mississauga Pharmacy operation weekdays Monday through Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
- Do you want to work with a great team & improve patient lives every single day?
- Do you want to make a difference and improve patient health outcomes every day?
In this role, you will be accountable for processing prescriptions refills, entry of patient care information into Kroll and taking action on member requests. We offer a competitive salary and total rewards package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values: integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
The Registered Technician works closely on a daily basis with the Member Contact Centre and the Pharmacy to process member prescription requests. The Technician will be responsible for processing prescription refills through Kroll and responding to and taking action on member requests as appropriate within his/her scope of practice.
- Accurately process prescriptions through Kroll including third party adjudication and rescheduling of next fill
- Answer questions and/or resolve customer issues according to Ontario College of Pharmacist’s regulations. uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions
- Fax and call renewal requests to doctors and maintain member communications channels to ensure that the member does not run out of medications
- Support auto notification and call members for upcoming refills and renewals
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems of all contacts (internal/external) to maintain high quality customer service
- Manage team mailboxes/e-mails
- Aid in management assigned tasks and projects
- Work collaboratively with other Registered Technicians, Member Advisors and Supervisors to ensure that best practices are shared
- Registered Pharmacy Technician licensed in Ontario
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills, including knowledge about the correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of healthcare/pharmacy, medical supplies & equipment and claims processing Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
- Strong customer service focus
- Computer literate, possessing intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in Kroll software
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to situations and adaptable to change
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance and delivery of service excellence
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time management, and the ability to shift priorities working within established timelines
- Demonstrates initiative (learn processes and procedures, various benefits) and displays self-motivation to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate difficult situations.
- Results-oriented paying attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Accuracy in Data Entry is mandatory
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.